Travelling to Cuba as a couple is a romantic experience if you know how to choose what to do and you are accompanied by the right person.
Walk through the magical streets of La Habana,have dinner in exclusive and well fitted paladares with typical Creole cuisine, dance to the sound of Afro-Cuban rhythms, sail through its emerald waters or enjoy a beautiful sunset from a privileged stage are some options that Cuba offers for lovers who decide to visit it.
This island delights any visitor, and has ideal places to live unique experiences as a couple, beyond the traditional tourist routes, in order to disconnect from the daily environment, experience new emotions and especially live funny anecdotes.
10 romantic experiences to travel to cuba with your couple:
1. Gaze at Havana's sunsets next to the Malecón, the view to the Fortaleza del Morro, the American cars that come and go, and the best frappé lemonade in the city... All of which make up a visual and tasteful concert that can be enjoyed from the terrace of the Hotel Malecón 663.
We recommend the visit on Thursdays, as you will enjoy a musical space such as jazz evenings, taking place from 6pm to 11pm, with live Cuban musicspecially jazz gigs
From young performers to more consecrated musicians liven up the evenings of the rooftop of Hotel Malecón 663 and make it a magical place to enjoy as a couple.
2. If we are in the center of the island, a highly romantic option is the field trip magical sunset on a catamaran in Cayo Santa María.
Seascape, romantic dinner and Caribbean sunset, all making up a unique experience in Cuba.
You will depart on a catamaran from Marina Gaviota Cayo Brujas on a romantic tour of islets in the area to watch the sunset.
To complete the experience, a seafood dinner on board, with lobster and open drinks bar, set with Cuban music, is the ideal setting to enjoy an unforgettable sunset.
3. At Habana we get one of the most emblematic views of the city and its bay from the Monumento del Cristo, located in the town of Casablanca.
An interesting experience that allows you to be in direct contact with the Cubans and, at the same time, enjoy as a couple one of the most privileged views of the city, is to start the tour taking the Casablanca Ferry.
Aboard this boat you can enjoy a brief but unique tour along the bay of Habana. When you arrive at Monumento del Cristo you will have the opportunity to get a panoramic view over the city during the sunset, where its most emblematic buildings stand out.
To close the day, you can walk to the restaurant La Divina Pastora and take a refreshing Cuban mojito there completing the route through the overseas town of Casablanca.
4. If you are west of the country, especially next to Viñales Valley, you should visit Finca Agroecológica el Paraíso de Viñales and take "unstressing" cocktail
This is the ideal place to chill with your couple and be in touch with the nature of Cuba after a walk through the tobacco fields of Viñales.
You will discover its farm, which includes vegetables, fruits and medicinal plants and will visit the bird watching spot.
To finish the route in a completely relaxed way, you should taste the "unstressing cocktail", a mixture of pina colada with more than five types of plants.
5. The city of Cienfuegos It is a charming destination for its peculiar landscape, its bay, the area of Punta Gorda and especially the visual cleanliness of the city.
A horse carriage ride in the most colonial style can be attractive for couples who want to discover the city at their own pace to enjoy its charms.
Accompanied by a guide you can go around Cienfuegos on a horse carriagepeasant style, the Bahía de Punta Gorda, stroll along the Malecón, the Cienfuegos Club, La Marina, the Hotel Jagua and the Palacio de Valle.
The tour ends at Camila´s Hostal & Restaruant, a restaurant with a small jetty that will delight the couple because from there you can have a typical cuban lunch while you look at the sea
6. A romantic dinner by the sea may sound heavenly, but in Havana it can come true. Any occasion is ideal to visit restaurant paladar Vistamar and enjoy a dinner under the cozy candlelight.
Its location is unbeatable, as it lies on the Havana coast, with direct views of the sea. The colors and the breeze combine perfectly with the dishes from national and international cuisine.
It is the ideal spot for a couple dinner, as a preamble of a night that ends between boleros, in the complex of Dos Gardenias, located very close to the mentioned restaurant.
7. For lovers of proper cultural atmosphere who let themselves be seduced by the charms of music and avant-garde cuisine in Cuba, we recommend the visit to restaurant El Cocinero.
Located in the ancient oil factory of the same name, its peculiar tower stands out in the capital's panorama. There, you can enjoy the good atmosphere of its penthouse, since it is very frequented by young people, artists and bohemians.
The place lies next to the Fábrica de Arte, so it is a perfect combination touring the facilities of this trending cultural center after dinner.
A space to enjoy live music in Havana, visual arts exhibitions., micro theater plays and where to have a refreshing cocktail
8. A night walk through Old Havana can be a magical experience when lived with your couple
Walk its narrow streets, with colonial style lighting , explore its architectural corners, visit its very well preserved squares and explore its design shops and art galleries is a highly attractive proposal
We can wander its alleys, and even border its coastline enjoying the sound of the sea. Discovering the city freely and spontaneously is something that any traveler longs for.
But we recommend you to finish the route, in the middle of a maelstrom of places, bars and restaurants that converge in the small space of the Historial site of Old Havanato visit the bar El de Enfrente, in whose terrace you can taste the best gin&tonic in Havana.
9. A ride in a convertible american car from the 50s, along the malecon, with the breeze on the face, salt on the lips and the company of your better half, can be a spectacular plan to enjoy as a couple.
In front of the Capitolio de La Habana you will start a route along Paseo del Prado which goes through residential zones of Vedado and Miramar.
After discovering the charms of Habana after dark with a vintage touch, it is worth a stop at Casablanca Ferry Casablanca Ferry to cross the bay and take a unique picture of the city from the square of Cristo de La Habana.
10. If we are in Trinidad, we can find a spectacular combination to enjoy with your couple. Romantic dinner and cuban dance are a perfect blend to enjoy in a city with more than 500 years of history
The restaurante-galería El Secreto de Trinidad, owned by the award-winning Cuban artist Carlos Mata Pichs, offers a magical space, where you can enjoy a good meal and appreciate the collection of antiques exhibited there.
And the evening has its climax in the Casa de la Música de Trinidad, in the center of the historic site, where Cuban musicians liven up the evening and where you can dance outdoors, under the starlight.
And if you want to continue the party, you can go to the disco inside a Cave "Disco Ayala»
We hope you enjoy these experiences to travel to Cuba as a couple.
Cuba is undoubtedly a paradise for any type of traveler and, especially for couples, it has many experiences to offer.
They all are embedded in a unique context: an island full of heat, love, passion and good vibes. Any of these options will be a good choice if the plan is to live unique experiences as a couple in Cuba.
Julienne López Hernández
Degree in History of Art